As time went on, I gained more Followers and perhaps more importantly, my postings started to attract many comments! It was great! Finally, I was able to generate conversation on my blog. What an accomplishment.
Today I have 44 Followers and I am thankful for them all! On days when I do not feel like writing, or when I feel like what I have to say doesn't matter, they remind me that it does. I love writing a post and later getting a comment that it was "so helpful" or "just what I needed". So thank you to all 44 Followers. I hope that number grows and prospers...but even if it doesn't...you have shown me I matter.
Of course, what is greater than being recognized for something?? Well, I was shocked when I found out that Bethany Telles over at Perched in a Tree chose me as a recipient of the Liebster Award. Who me?? Awwwww...shucks! *looks down shyly and kicks the dirt*
The Liebster Award is given to blogs which have fewer than 200 Followers in a hope to recognize that blog and drive more readers to them...and hopefully generate higher Follower numbers.
Thank you so much, Bethany! Bethany and I met through the 12 x 12 Challenge and I really admire her work. In fact, go to her blog and read her exciting news...she her picture book WAITING FOR JAMES IN A SEA OF PINK has been chosen as one of the editorial staff's top ten favorites in the MeeGenius Author Challenge! Go check her out so you can say...like I will someday...I knew Bethany when.... :)
So...onto my Liebster Award.
As a recipient I am supposed to list 5 Things About Myself. Here goes it!
5 Things You Might Not Have Known About Marcie Colleen
- I have a newly found obsession with Roasted Brussel Sprouts
- My first job in NYC consisted of working for Tony Randall at his National Actors Theater. Yes, that Tony Randall. One day I sat in his penthouse on Central Park West waiting for him to get out of the shower so I could have a one-on-one meeting with him.
- I am currently training for the NYC Marathon which takes place on November 4, 2012.
- I have been skydiving. 10,000 feet, baby!
- I do not have a television and I use my dishwasher to store dishes. I know...I live in NYC, but its like I'm Amish. :)
And now...I get the honor of presenting the prestigious Liebster Award to 5 other lucky...and deserving...blogs.
- Reading on the F Train by fellow Brooklynite, Mrs. Silverstein
- Frolicking Through Cyberspace by Heather Ayris Burnell
- On The Write Track by Donna Martin
Check these ladies out!
Oh...and today's Wednesday Writers Weigh In will be later today! But for now, I am going to pop the champagne. I'm a winner!!!!! :)