Its almost November! And therefore, its almost Picture Book Month!!!
Have you registered to be an Ambassador yet? All set to celebrate? Visit www.picturebookmonth.com to get started.
This year I am super excited because I have joined the Picture Book Month Team as the Education Consultant.
I am also extremely proud to introduce you all to the Teacher's Guide I created for the intitiative called "Why Picture Books Belong in Our Classrooms".
This comprehensive Teacher's Guide aims to validate and inspire teachers to include picture books in their curriculum, while also providing evidence that picture books do, in fact, fulfill the learning standards of the Common Core. You are going to want to download it here.
So, in celebration of Picture Book Month and "Why Picture Books Belong in Our Classrooms", I will be embarking on a blog hop!
How does it work?
1) Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org , letting me know you want to host me on the blog hop.
2) Together we will pick a date for your post to publish.
3) At least 3 days before your date, you need to send me 5 questions that you want to "Ask the Education Consultant". These questions can be about the Common Core, picture books, Teacher's Guide, marketing for school visits, classroom practice, etc. Its up to you!
4) I will send my answers asap.
5) Publish our interview on the date selected.
One lucky host will win...
a One hour One-on-One Education Consultation on the Phone, in which you will be able to get advice on your own classroom practice, school visits, or manuscripts (published or unpublished). Maybe you just want to know how you fit into all of this Common Core stuff. Whatever it is, be you a writer, a teacher or a librarian, this phone consultation will be chock full of advice and tips.
Ready? Let's get hopping...