Back in September, I set up this blog to coincide with the school year. I gave myself the 10 months of the traditional school calendar to start new habits and routines and better myself as a writer. So...if September was the beginning, June marks Finals Time!!
Therefore, I am participating in yet another online challenge as a Final Exam of sorts.
Writer Jeff Goins is running a special series on his website for the next 15 days (Mon-Fri) which focuses on the 15 habits of Great Writers. As my Final Exam I will be participating in this challenge AND blog about it each day! Want to join in on the fun? Follow the link and share your challenge in the comments.
Today's Habit: DECLARE
I am a writer. I am a writer. I AM a writer.
I often don't feel like a writer. But I am.
I am a writer because...
- I write.
- I have folders and folders of stories that I wrote...and some aren't that bad. :)
- Ideas pop into my head that beg to be written.
- I enjoy telling stories.
- I feel guilty/empty/like something is missing when I don't write.
- I proofread everything that I see...especially signs on the street and subway.
- If I lost any of the stories on my computer I would be devastated. (Backing up is soooo important!)
- I am on a constant quest for inspiration.
- I have fantasies about book signings, school visits, etc.
- I love getting critiques of my work, in the hopes that it will help me improve!
What about you? Are you a writer? How do you know? Share your comments below and come back tomorrow for the next habit.