Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Wednesday Writers Weigh In: Random Acts of Publicity 2012

 
This week Darcy Pattison is hosting The Random Acts of Publicity 2012 focusing on Conversations about Books. The basic idea of the Random Acts of Publicity is to take the focus off yourself and your own work for a week and instead focus on a friend’s book or a favorite book. 

So today, I would love to blog about a book I have talked about before.

Marathon Mouse, by Amy Dixon will be released on October 16, 2012.  It is her debut picture book and is published by Sky Pony Press.

I am so excited about this book and would love to generate some real buzz in the community about its release.

Marathon Mouse is a delightful story of an ambitious little mouse named Preston who lives under the Verrazano Bridge in NYC.  Although most mice detest Marathon Day, Preston dreams of joining the race.  Despite his family's teasing and disbelief, Preston runs the marathon.  But will this little mouse avoid getting trampled on and make it to the finishline?  For all of those out there who long to be extraordinary and accomplish the un-thinkable, Preston is a wonderful role model.

You can learn more about Amy and Preston at  http://www.amydixonbooks.com/marathon-mouse/And please put this adorable, inspiring title on your list of purchases this fall! 

So, now its your turn, Writers!  Join The Random Acts of Publicity 2012 and weigh in!
 

31 comments:

  1. I love RAP and have blogged about it today also. As a runner I can't wait to meet Preston in person!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As someone who has read MARATHON MOUSE already, I can say...he's a wonderful character! :)

      Delete
  2. Preston is soooo cute! I can't wait to read about his marathon adventure :•)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is cute! In the interview video on her site, Amy has a stuffed Preston! Wonder how I can get one of those!

      Delete
  3. Yes, I can't wait for the book, too! You just reminded me that I have to order one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish the one running around my house would get a bright idea and run out the door too! He already planted my August PB manuscript seeds (okay, they were droppings!), but now it is time to go, go go! Looks terrific, thanks Marcie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Register your mouse for a race and show him the door! :)

      Delete
    2. I registered him for 'something else', but he is having a hard time taking the hints! Ta Marcie!

      Delete
  5. Looks like so much fun--can't wait. Hope Preston will inspire me in my 1/2 marathon :) Congrats to Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute! Real cute, even though I don't like mice....lol. Must check this little guy out. Thanks Marcie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do! He is definitely not your average mouse!

      Delete
  7. Lovin' my girl, Amy!! Sooooo proud of her and everything that is about to change BIG TIME in her life. My copy has been ordered for some time now...
    I. Can't. Wait!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so looking forward to this book! And you couldn't have picked a nicer person to direct your random act of publicity toward :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my, I am sincerely overwhelmed by all of the support. Thanks to all of you for being such amazing cheerleaders for me and little Preston! We are both looking forward to crossing the finish line here very soon! Thanks especially to Marcie...you are such a champion for all of us picture book writers and I can't wait until it is YOUR book we are all cheering for!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, Marcie! This is a great pick for Random Acts of Publicity...Amy's book looks soooo cute...I lived in NYC for 25 years and crossed that bridge many times. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In a car, I imagine. Its the only way across...unless running in the marathon. :)

      Delete
  11. I'm looking forward to reading this adorable looking and sounding book to my kiddos. Congrats Amy! Great share Marcie :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can't wait to get this one. It looks so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. As a runner and fellow children's book writer, I am very excited about the debut of Amy's book. She is a very talented writer! Thanks for including this review.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great idea! Both the Random Publicity and the marathon mouse. Can't wait to read it to my son. Maybe someday he will understand why my husband and I do this to ourselves!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The only thing I like more than writing with music on is sitting in a busy restaurant and losing myself in the noise. :-D

    Of course, that means ambient noise. Not girls at the next table hashing out their drama. Of course, that could turn into fodder for my story...

    ReplyDelete